Raised in Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, Swift moved to Nashville, Tennessee, at the age of 14 to pursue a career in country music. She signed with the independent label Big Machine Records and became the youngest artist ever signed by the Sony/ATV Music publishing house. The release of Swift's self-titled debut album in 2006 marked the start of her career as a country music singer. The album's third single, "Our Song", made her the youngest person to single-handedly write and perform a number-one song on the Hot Country Songs chart. Swift's second album, Fearless, was released in 2008. Buoyed by the pop crossover success of the singles "Love Story" and "You Belong with Me", Fearless became the best-selling album of 2009 in the United States. The album won four Grammy Awards, with Swift becoming the youngest Album of the Year winner.
Relation with Hailee Steinfeld
- Taylor Swift and Hailee Steinfeld are best friends
- Hailee Steinfeld is part of Swift's squad
- Both Steinfeld and Swift like to bake and have many mutual friends, like Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, Ellen DeGeneres and a few others. Steinfeld says, "She's like a big sister to me."
- Hailee Steinfeld potrays Trinity in Taylor's Bad Blood.
- In 2012, Steinfeld was in the specially invited audience when magician Franz Harary sawed Swift in half in the premiere of his new illusion 'Slice Her', and was invited on stage to take a close look at Swift while she was in half. Steinfeld said of the experience, "Seeing things up close, it was obvious that he really had cut her in half, which was totally mind-blowing. I've no idea how he did it, but Taylor seemed quite happy to be in two halves."